- 23-Jul-2013 to 20-Sep-2013 (EST)
- Great Barrington, MA, USA
- Full Time
AIER seeks an experienced blogger/social media coordinator to write our company blog on economics (DailyEconomy.org) and to assist in implementing AIER’s social media strategy.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for:
- Facilitating AIER Social Media Strategy – support and maintain AIER social media strategy and policies; produce daily updates of AIER social media channels with engaging, interactive posts, including the AIER blog DailyEconomy; edit or write web-content and blogs; monitor and evaluate social media accounts and impact; and work with AIER teams to integrate social media in their strategies and tactics, including providing training as necessary to enable them to use social media effectively and strategically.
- Online Media Monitoring – monitor news, peer organizations, and international events relevant to AIER’s priorities; and identify opportunities for AIER to raise its voice and visibility.
- Degree in marketing, journalism, new media or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years related digital or communications experience desired
- Understand social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, RSS, Google, and other social media platforms
- Excel at research, possess excellent writing, blogging, and microblogging (i.e., Twitter) skills, and able to create written output quickly and work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of search engine optimization basics including keyword research
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Good organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
- Able to communicate results to management
- Fluency in English
The American Institute for Economic Research (AIER – www.aier.org), located in Great Barrington, MA, conducts research and publishes studies to advance economic literacy in the U.S. and to make timely and relevant analysis of important economic issues available to all Americans. AIER is non-partisan and independent and supported by annual dues and donations of thousands of members.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!