- 29-Jul-2013 to 27-Sep-2013 (EST)
- Great Barrington, MA, USA
- Full Time
AIER seeks an assistant editor to join our staff. Our research agenda includes business-cycle trends, inflation and monetary policy, labor market conditions, and national policy issues like Social Security, Medicare, and health care costs. The successful candidate will be familiar with economics.
The assistant editor helps edit articles and other materials, confers with authors regarding changes in content, style, or organization, and rewrites assigned projects as needed. S/he copyedits text and chart information, proofreads, and oversees traffic with the production department. The assistant editor also provides general editorial support to the research department and performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred). (Degree in journalism, English, or related area desirable.)
- Three to five years of independent writing and editing experience, publishing under regular deadlines.
- Ability to convey complex subject matter clearly and engagingly.
- Familiarity with economics.
- Meticulous, detail oriented and organized.
- Computer literate: strong MS Word skills, familiar with Excel.
The American Institute for Economic Research (AIER – www.aier.org), located in Great Barrington, MA, conducts research and publishes studies to advance economic literacy in the U.S. and to make timely and relevant analysis of important economic issues available to all Americans. AIER is non-partisan and independent and supported by annual dues and donations of thousands of members.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!